As far as I can remember, I did not participated much in local events especially running events even though there were many running events. I’ve only participated in:
1) Standard Chartered Bank Brunei Charity Run – 10km which was in April and
2) BIBD CE ALAF Charity Expedition – 42km and 21km which was in November. (Ultra Run)
Outside Brunei, I’ve only participated in Singapore Urbanathlon (March)
Bicycle Racing – I’ve only done:
1) Tutong MTB XC race (March),
2) Belait Cycling Club Labi Road Race (August) and
3) Brunei National Road Race (September).
Outside Brunei, I’ve participated in
1) Tour de Bintan – Gran Fondo Challenge 82km in Bintan (November) and
2) Sibuti Road Race in Miri, Sarawak (December)
For Triathlon and duathlon, I’ve participated in:
1) Xterra Malaysia offroad triathlon Sprint and Full Distance which was in April and
2) Powerman Malaysia in October.
It seems that I did not do much of running last year but after participating in BIBD CE ALAF 42km Marathon run, I’ve started running actively again and have registered a few running events in Malaysia and Singapore. Actually from January to April 2014, I’ve registered 4 events already. Ever since making new friends with BIBD CE ALAF 25 Marathon runners, coaches and pacers, I’ve begin to enjoy running again. We have a WhatsApp group for the 25 runners and everyday, someone will update how many kilometres they have ran today. For me, with the constant updates, I felt left behind and need to run so that I can keep up or try to keep up with them. In other words, it keep me running and running and running which is good.
I’ve also decided to try set a new personal best time for my marathon run. My current record was 4:58:06 hours set during Borneo International Marathon 2012 in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. I’m aiming for sub 4:45 hours during the upcoming 2XU Compression Run in March 2014.
Keep on running and stay away from injuries……………………………..